Home » FOOTBALL » Conte Backs Zappacosta In Battle Against Victor Moses
Chelsea's Nigerian midfielder Victor Moses (R) shoots past Arsenal's Spanish defender Nacho Monreal during the English FA Cup final football match between Arsenal and Chelsea at Wembley stadium in London on May 27, 2017. / AFP PHOTO / Adrian DENNIS / NOT FOR MARKETING OR ADVERTISING USE / RESTRICTED TO EDITORIAL USE

Conte Backs Zappacosta In Battle Against Victor Moses

Written By: SD Reporter


Antonio Conte refused to lose sleep over Chelsea’s failure to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Ross Barkley in the summer transfer window, with the Ox signing for Liverpool while Barkley chose to stay on at Everton citing his injury situation preferring to duel on Nigeria’s Victor Moses, new competition.

“Every manager has a great experience to face these types of situations”. “It’s time to work together, to work with these new players and adapt them quickly”.

He said: “Danny, we are working with him and trying to make him in the best physical condition”.

Most importantly, his body language at training is good and this is really important for me and the rest of the players.

But deals for Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Rudiger, Bakayoko, Caballero and Morata were completed and Courtois feels good business was done. Zappacosta will provide competition to Victor Moses in the wing-back role while Drinkwater will replace Nemanja Matic. It’s important to go into this club with the right mentality. “Now we must have patience to give him the possibility to improve his form, but I am pleased for him because after a bad injury it’s great to see him with us”, said Conte. But he has the right characteristics. We are excited to have him back and I was happy to have him on the pitch with me against Gibraltar and Greece.

The Manchester United boss previously worked with Lukaku during his second spell in charge of the west London outfit but opted to sell the Belgian star due to a lack of first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge.

Asked to rate Chelsea’s transfer window business, Conte replied: “This question is very hard to answer”.

Chelsea may well revisit their interest in the Everton player in January, but the Italian was generally unwilling to revisit much else from this window.

 

Sharing is caring!

Check Also

Mikel, Moses, Martins Others Nominated For Nigerian Awards

Seven Nigerian sportsmen and women who distinguished themselves this year have been nominated to be ...