Esperance Sportive de Tunis was charged with spectator misbehaviour after their supporters threw objects on the field during their TotalEnergies CAF Champions League matches against Etoile Sportive du Sahel played on 26 February 2022 and 12 March 2022.
Given that Esperance Sportive de Tunis had to previously received a suspended sanction for a similar offence during the semi-final of the TotalEnergies CAF Champions League 2020/2021 season against Al Ahly (Egypt), the CAF Disciplinary Board decided:
- To impose automatic suspension of two matches played behind closed doors. Consequently, Esperance Sportive de Tunis club will play their next two (2) matches of the CAF interclub competitions as host club behind closed doors, for the unacceptable and recurrent behaviour of their supporters.
The affected matches are : Esperance Sportive de Tunis vs. CR Belouizdad (Algeria) scheduled for 02 April 2022 and Esperance Sportive de Tunis Quarterfinals home fixture.
- Impose a fine of 20,000 USD (Twenty Thousand American Dollars)
Etoile Sportive du Sahel
Etoile Sportive du Sahel was charged with spectator misbehaviour after their supporters threw objects on the field including handrails during their TotalEnergies CAF Champions League fixture on 12 March 2022 against Esperance Sportive de Tunis.
The club had a previous offense when they were found guilty on 17 February 2022 on charges of spectator misbehavoir and fined 7500 USD.
Given this decision and previous conviction, CAF Disciplinary Board decided:
- Ordered Etoile Sportive du Sahel to play their next CAF interclub competition match as host club behind closed doors, for the unacceptable behaviour of their supporters. The affected match is their group stage match against Jwaneng Galaxy (Botswana) scheduled on 01 April 2022.
- To impose a fine of 10,000 USD.
RS Berkane : Morocco (Match n.126 CC – RS Berkane vs Simba)
During their TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup fixture against Simba (Tanzania) in Morocco, RS Berkane was charged with spectator misbehaviour after their supporters threw objects on the field on 27 February 2022.
CAF Disciplinary Board imposed a fine of 8000 USD.
RS Berkane (Match n.134 CC – Simba vs RS Berkane)
The club was charged with misconduct after club official, Mr Madrane invaded the pitch and incited his players and officials to join him in protesting and attacking the referee at the above mentioned match.
This resulted in the game being interrupted and stopped for about five minutes.
CAF Disciplinary Board decided to:
- Suspend RS Berkane official Mr. Majid Madrane for a period of twelve (12) months from any football activity related to CAF.
- Impose a fine of 100,000 USD for the aggressive behaviour of the RS Berkane club official M. Madrane.
Club Sportif Sfaxien (Tunisia)
The club was charged with spectator misbehaviour after their supporters threw objects on the field during their TotalEnergies CAF Confederation Cup match against Pyramids (Egypt) on 13 March 2022.
The Disciplinary Board imposed a fine of 16 000 USD.